How to add a new incident.
- Tap the “add a new incident” link on the actions panel of TrafficMATE.
- There are a number of ways to choose the location of the incident.
- Tap the ‘me’ button on the application bar and TrafficMATE will attempt to find you current location.
- Tap the ‘search’ button and type a street, suburb to find using the Bing Maps API.
- Tap-and-hold on the map to select a location for the incident.
- Once you have selected the location, tap the ‘next’ button on the application bar to view the incident details page.
- Select the type of incident from the pick-list and enter a description (this is optional).
- The address and suburb will get automatically populated from the location you selected on the map.
- Tap the ‘save’ button and your incident will get lodged on the TrafficMATE server.
Any users, including yourself, will be able to see that incident in their 'nearby' list (if it is within 5km of their current location) or if it occurs within 1km of one of their save routes.
How long will the incident stay open?
Incidents lodged by our users remain current for 2-hours after they are posted. This means that you don’t have to worry about checking if the accident or congestion is clear, or bother updating the incident. The incident will simply be no longer be visible to any TrafficMATE users’ 2-hours after it is posted.
Will I receive Toast Notifications about user-lodge incidents?
No, we only send toast notifications when incidents are lodged from one of our official, government sources. The number of incidents shown on the TrafficMATE application tile will include all incidents, including those lodged by other users that impact your saved routes.